I have recently heard some good news regarding restaurants in New Hampshire. They may soon be all non smoking. All I keep hearing is that it should be left up to the restaurants to decide if they want to allow smoking. And if someone doesn't smoke they can decide if they want to patronize a certain restaurant. Sorry but I think the health of non-smokers transcends the "live free or die? motto in the state of New Hampshire. If I'm sitting in a restaurant and breathing smoke that is unhealthy then that is wrong. The health of the many outweigh the rights of the few and there a lot more people in New Hampshire who don't smoke. From what I have heard, most of the complaints are from those who all ready smoke and they are in the minority.
Since I haven't posted in a long time I harken back to a time years ago when my wife and I were looking for a place for breakfast. It was the usual discussion so I say "where do you want to go?" I don't know, "where do you want to go?" We parked on Main Street and as we pulled in noticed this new place called the Republic. It seemed like nirvana to me as I didn't want to spend the next hour trying to figure out where to go and although I wasn't sure it seemed like they served breakfast. Anyway, we went in and sat down and it turned out that they did serve breakfast. My wife decided to order an omelette and we waited for our meal while sipping on coffee and diet pepsi. Breakfast arrived and we were both aghast because what arrived was the smallest omelette we had ever seen. Picture a small coffee cup saucer and that will give you a good idea of what I am talking about. We laugh about this now but never did go back to the Republic.
Comments