Skip to main content

Lobster Roll Frenzy

Well, another weekend has come and gone and you guessed it? There was no eating in or home cooked meals. My wife has been on a Lobster Roll frenzy and she recently saw VB from the Fox morning show munching on a lobster roll at the Clam Box. The result was a road trip to Ipswich, MA to try one. When we arrived there was a long line out the door as we have heard is commonplace. We viewed the menu and she decided on a lobster roll and I went with the fried shrimp. After much debate we added an order of onion rings. I thought that would be the end but I had to try some of the clams after all the reviews that I read on the wall at the Clam Box. I've never been a huge fan of fried clams but I decided to give them a try. We sat down to a feast and it was some of the best food we have ever tasted. The lobster roll was delicious with large chunks and just the right amount of mayonaise. The clam strips were perfect and I might even try the whole ones the next time. Needless to say, there will be many more trips to Ipswich in our future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The smallest omelette in the world

Since I haven't posted in a long time I harken back to a time years ago when my wife and I were looking for a place for breakfast. It was the usual discussion so I say "where do you want to go?" I don't know, "where do you want to go?" We parked on Main Street and as we pulled in noticed this new place called the Republic. It seemed like nirvana to me as I didn't want to spend the next hour trying to figure out where to go and although I wasn't sure it seemed like they served breakfast. Anyway, we went in and sat down and it turned out that they did serve breakfast. My wife decided to order an omelette and we waited for our meal while sipping on coffee and diet pepsi. Breakfast arrived and we were both aghast because what arrived was the smallest omelette we had ever seen. Picture a small coffee cup saucer and that will give you a good idea of what I am talking about. We laugh about this now but never did go back to the Republic.

No Ice Cream in the desert

It's been awhile since I've posted and for good reason. The holidays were very busy this year with the typical craziness and hair pulling that goes along with trying to buy my wife gifts. Needless to say, 90% of what I buy gets returned and I spend a couple of more months making up for the my poor decisions. Of course this has nothing to do with food but it answers the question of the lack of posts for awhile. And we have the typical discussions about moving to someplace warm after another frigid New Hampshire day. But the conversations always go back to food and especially ice cream. It is almost impossible to find good ice cream during the winter months and we dream about our favorite places and visiting for the first time. Needless to say my wife's mother loves Ice Cream as well and we received a call today that Hayward's Ice Cream in Nashua, NH would be opening on February 17th... Stop the presses, the drought will soon be over.

The Best Ice Cream in Town

We recently discovered a great place for ice cream in Concord, New Hampshire. You could call us ice cream snobs because we only like the home made kind if you know what I mean? The place is called Granite State Candy and they have some of the best ice cream around. My personal favorite is "Moon Tracks" but they have many others. Anyway, our journey continues to find the best foods in New England and the world.