For all you loyal readers I am back finally. Yes, it has been a while but now the focus is on breakfast. There is nothing like a hot cup of Java, bacon and eggs over medium. Oh! Did I I forget to mention the burned toast. It is almost like burned toast is a no no, every time I order it is never burned as much as I like. I'm talking so burned that you can smell it burning in the dining room. Okay, so you may be like what's the big deal with burned toast. Well, it has a delicious nice smokey flavor that can't be denied. It is also kind of a solute to my old man who used to get burned toast all the time along with"crispy bacon". Way back when when he worked on for the railroad in Manchester he would go to the Red Arrow Diner. All would be waiting for him when he arrived. Eggs bacon coffee and of course burned toast. Now that is service. So every time I go out to breakfast I say "burn it, as black as you can get it but it never comes out as burned as I want. So recently we were out with the inlaws and I order my burned toast and my mother in law "Mumsies" orders the same thing. Well Jimminy Christmas we have more in common than I thought. I almost fell out my chair when I heard that. I think there are many more closet burned toast fans out in the public and I wish they would make themselves known but many are afraid to order burned toast.
Since I haven't posted in a long time I harken back to a time years ago when my wife and I were looking for a place for breakfast. It was the usual discussion so I say "where do you want to go?" I don't know, "where do you want to go?" We parked on Main Street and as we pulled in noticed this new place called the Republic. It seemed like nirvana to me as I didn't want to spend the next hour trying to figure out where to go and although I wasn't sure it seemed like they served breakfast. Anyway, we went in and sat down and it turned out that they did serve breakfast. My wife decided to order an omelette and we waited for our meal while sipping on coffee and diet pepsi. Breakfast arrived and we were both aghast because what arrived was the smallest omelette we had ever seen. Picture a small coffee cup saucer and that will give you a good idea of what I am talking about. We laugh about this now but never did go back to the Republic.
Comments